Hey y’all. Winter’s almost over (yay spring) but that doesn’t mean we have to give up on hearty comfort meals. I love this vegetable soup because you only need to use one pot (so less cleaning up after) and you can chop while you cook it. Also, you can pretty much dump just about anything you have in your kitchen in it. Except for dessert, don’t put dessert in your soup. The way to go about is to start putting in the vegetables that require more time to cook first and then keep adding the others later. Serve it with some bread, and you have a healthy, delicious meal that took very little effort to make. The recipe includes the vegetables I used but let me know if you try something different in your vegetable soup!
Hearty Vegetable Soup
4 cups vegetable stock
2 cups water
1 tsp chopped garlic
2 stalks celery chopped
I cup penne pasta
1 cup chopped cauliflower
1/2 potato – peeled and chopped
1/2 carrot – peeled and chopped
1/2 cup chopped baby corn (available in cans in most grocery stores)
4 tbsp tomato sauce (or 1/2 cup pureed tomato)
Dried Italian spices, salt, and pepper to taste
- Mix 4 cups vegetable stock with 2 cups of water in a pot and bring to boil.
- Add the vegetables and the pasta to the water in the following order: potatoes, garlic, celery, pasta, carrots, babycorn, and cauliflower. You can chop the vegetables and keep adding them to the pot as you cook.
- Add the tomato sauce, italian spices, salt, and pepper.
- Cook for about 15-20 minutes until all vegetables and the pasta are tender.
- Serve with toast or bread!